LATEST NEWS (Last update: 4 March 2022)
The Parent Council are holding their AGM on Tuesday, November 9th at 7pm. This will be done via Zoom. Log in details to follow.
The log in details for the Lotto is https://www.ourfundraiser.ie/org/ardgillancc
If you would like to join the Parent Council, please contact email@example.com
The Parent Council of Ardgillan College was established in 2009 and plays an important part in promulgating the ethos of the college through involvement in college activities and policy formulation.
2. Mission Statement
The Parents Council works in partnership with the college authorities and the other college councils to promote a happy and caring community where students are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
3. Aims and Objectives
• To support the management and staff of the college to develop a suitable environment that will provide the best education for the students.
• To foster good relations between parents, teachers, students, principal and the Board of Management.
• To encourage parental involvement and participation in cultural, social and sporting school activities through partnership between parents, teachers and school management.
• To engage in fundraising activities to help provide additional finance for the college
• To offer parents programmes, information etc, which might help them fulfill their role as the primary educators of their children.
• The Parents Council shall elect a Committee to represent parents/guardians.
• Election of members to serve on the Committee of the Parents Council will take place at the Annual Meeting to be held in the first term each year.
• The committee shall consist of up to 15 parents.
• All members of the committee must be parents or legal guardians of students currently enrolled in the college
• The committee will elect its officers from within its members at the first meeting after the A.G.M. to include: chairperson, vice chairperson, secretary, treasurer, and P.R.O.
• The committee may form sub-committees to assist in specific areas, such as, information evenings, fund raising, policy evaluation etc. All such sub-committees must be approved by the Principal.
• The College Principal and/or member(s) of the teaching staff will attend meetings as ex–officio members of the committee.
• No officers on the committee shall serve in the same position beyond three consecutive terms.
• The committee will meet at least 5 times each year.
• A quorum of at least 50% of committee members will be necessary for meetings to be held. Any member who is absent for more than 3 consecutive meetings, without a valid reason, shall be deemed to have resigned.
• Individual students, parents or teachers will not be discussed at meetings.
• The committee, after consultation with the Principal, shall have the power to call on any member to resign, if such member whether by act, deed or otherwise fails to uphold the constitution of the Parents Council. If such a member fails to resign, he or she shall be suspended by a majority vote of the committee.
• The committee shall have the authority to co-opt up to three parents in any one year.
• The committee, with the approval of the Principal, may invite non-members to be present at their meetings or to speak to the other partners if they believe that their expertise will be of benefit to the college.
• Minutes of all meetings shall be kept by the secretary who shall provide a copy to the Principal and present the minutes to the committee for approval at the next meeting
• In the event of a vote being taken, the method of voting (open or closed) at committee meetings and general meetings will be decided by the committee. Results will be decided by a simple majority of those present. In the event of a tied vote the chairperson will have a casting vote. Proxy votes will not be accepted and each parent or legal guardian will be entitled to one vote.
Hold monthly meetings (via Zoom since the pandemic) usually on a Tuesday at 7 PM
Chairperson – Maureen Keeling
Vice Chairperson – Susan Mullen
Treasurer – Charlie O’Leary
Secretary – Julie Gaynor
Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ardgillan CC Lotto - Fundraiser to support our school
The Parent Council are delighted to announce the launch of our fundraising lotto.
First Draw is Thursday 6 May 2021 (Draw every Thursday after at 8pm)
To play, go to: www.ourfundraiser.ie/org/ardgillancc
How you help
The Parent Council work in partnership with the school authorities and the other school councils to promote a happy and caring community where students are encouraged and supported to reach their potential.
This fundraising initiative is to raise funds which will be used to directly support the students of our school. During the year we will be able to keep you updated about what we have been able to do with the money raised and you can see the positive benefits of your support.
We hope that the weekly option of €2.00 per line will allow everyone to contribute. If you can contribute €5.00 for three lines that would be hugely appreciated. Please see attached document for how to play.
Email us: email@example.com
Phone us: 01 546 1131